The Iranian People are seeking a Republic based on equality, separation of religion & state, freedom of opinion and speech and individual freedom as well as freedom of assembly and peaceful demonstrations. They are calling for recognition of the NCRI as the only democratic alternative to the current dictatorial regime in Iran. They are also calling on the international community to end their appeasement policy towards the mullahs’ regime and recognize the right of Iranian people for democratic regime change to establish a secular and democratic republic in Iran.
Maryam Rajavi’s Platform & Transitional Period After Downfall of Iran’s Regime
Many believe that the Iranian regime is fast running out of time and the mullahs will be overthrown in a near future by the Iranian people and their organised Resistance as many Iranians are turning against the mullahs who are using foreign mercenaries from Iraq’s militias and Lebanese Hezbollah to keep control and prevent their inevitable downfall, particularly after the recent devastating floods in Iran that hit more than one-third of the country.
Soon enough, Maryam Rajavi, President-elect of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI) as the only democratic alternative to the dictatorial regime in Iran, will take her rightful place as President of Iran for a six-month transitional period, but many around the world are still unfamiliar with her plans and 10-Point Platform for future free Iran and what it would mean for Iran.
Maryam Rajavi believes that the Iranian people should enjoy the right to democratically elect their leaders, which is why her main objective during the six months following the fall of the mullahs will be to arrange elections so that the people can chose and vote for members of a National Assembly.
The NCRI’s main task is to transfer the power to the people of Iran by preparing the ground for the Constitutional Assembly via “free and popular elections” where every citizen would enjoy “direct, equal and secret” vote that would count toward forming the future system of governing in Iran, a Republic based on universal suffrage as stipulated in the 10-Point Platform.
Maryam Rajavi said: “As soon as the constitutional assembly is formed and expresses readiness to fulfill its responsibilities and obligations, the provisional government shall hand over its resignation to the assembly.”
Maryam Rajavi and the Iranian Resistance have been clear from the beginning that free elections based on the principle of popular sovereignty should be the only route to political power.
However, free elections are not the only thing that Maryam Rajavi is striving to achieve in that six-month period. Her platform supports a “free, tolerant and progressive republic. It rests on pluralism, separation of religion and state, women’s equality and the active and equal participation of women in political leadership. We believe in equal rights for all ethnic and religious minorities and a society devoid of torture and executions.”
Future Constitution of Iran will be drafted by the elected representatives of the Iranian people in a Constitutional Assembly. It would reflect what is in the hearts of Iranians, something that the Iranian people have been fighting for through at least three revolutions for over a century, Maryam Rajavi said.
“Our Resistance has arisen to ensure freedom of choice for each and every one of our fellow Iranians. We have rejected the ruling tyrannical regime. We have rejected a religion based on compulsion and misogyny. We have rejected the constitution of the Velayat-e faqih regime and will abolish the mullahs Sharia laws.” Maryam Rajavi said.
In addition to the above visions for a Free Iran stipulated in Mrs. Rajavi’s 10-Point Platform, as the only democratic alternative to the mullahs destructive ideology, the platform elaborates on the movement’s vision for the Free Iran of Tomorrow.
Maryam Rajavi’s Platform Presented in the Free Iran Gathering on June 30, 2018, in Paris
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Mrs. Rajavi Presented her 10-Point Platform in a Meeting at the Council of Europe in April 2006:
1. In our view, the ballot box is the only criterion for legitimacy. Accordingly, we seek a republic based on universal suffrage.
2. We want a pluralist system, freedom of parties and assembly. We respect all individual freedoms. We underscore complete freedom of expression and of the media and unconditional access by all to the internet.
3. We support and are committed to the abolition of the death penalty.
4. We are committed to the separation of Religion and State. Any form of discrimination against the followers of any religion and denomination will be prohibited.
5. We believe in complete gender equality in political, social and economic arenas. We are also committed to equal participation of women in political leadership. Any form of discrimination against women will be abolished. They will enjoy the right to freely choose their clothing. They are free in marriage, divorce, education, and employment.
6. We believe in the rule of law and justice. We want to set up a modern judicial system based on the principles of presumption of innocence, the right to defense, effective judicial protection and the right to be tried in a public court. We also seek the total independence of judges. The mullahs’ Sharia law will be abolished.
7. We are committed to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and international covenant and conventions, including the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, the Convention against Torture, and the Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination against Women.
We are committed to the equality of all nationalities. We underscore the plan for the autonomy of Iranian Kurdistan, adopted by the National Council of Resistance of Iran. The language and culture of our compatriots from whatever nationality, are among our nation’s human resources and must spread and be promulgated in tomorrow’s Iran.
8. We recognize private property, private investment, and the market economy. All Iranian people must enjoy equal opportunity in employment and in business ventures. We will protect and revitalize the environment.
9. Our foreign policy will be based on peaceful coexistence, international and regional peace and cooperation, as well as respect for the United Nations Charter.
10. We want a non-nuclear Iran, free of weapons of mass destruction.